Monday, June 2, 2014

Day 12: Free day in Dublin

After a night of exploring the countrysides of Dublin, I was ready to get back out of the city center.  Went to grab breakfast Avoca, which is a lovely cafe at the top of the their funky store.  After, a late breakfast, I wondered up the countryside back to Howth again for a fun afternoon exploring the markets and getting some seafood.  Had a chance to sit with a local over a cup of coffee and just shoot the breeze.  We did not get into the politics or the weather just talked as if we had known each other for a whooping 30 minuets.  After he recommend a restaurant I went to make a reservation and check out the other side of the harbor.  Sitting on the edge with my feet dangling, I watched the ships coming and going from the harbor as the tide was low.  Just before I was about to say how peaceful it is I was corrected by a family of 10 children and several adults. Who wanted to take a picture on the wall and my back where I was sitting and relaxing.  After the 3rd kid was screaming I decided to abandon my post of leisure and find a new location that was not being bombarded by the unpleasant sounds of CRYING!  The table at the restaurant looked over the east coast of Ireland at the Eye of Ireland.  What a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment