Friday, May 23, 2014

Arriving and day 1

The Flight- one in air medical emergency that I got up for to help with in the middle of the night. Broken wrist and a concussion but the person will be fine.

Sat next to a really nice guy, roughly my age, from Dublin on the plan name David who works in Seattle who was going back to get his fiancĂ© and to see his family.  It did not take much convincing but him and his buddies will coming to Denver to check out Colorado and hopefully time it with a concert at Red Rocks amphitheater.

I was suggested a book on by my cabby, who gave me a wonderful Irish history lesson from the airport to the hotel.  His wife was battling non-hodgkin's lymphoma. 
Green, Blue and Grey: The Irish in the American Civil War 
By Cal MaCarthy 

Walking Dublin
Typically the first thing I do when I get to a new city is I walk it (as much as I can).  So after leaving the Hotel, I walked down towards Grafton street and Temple Bar area just to see the mayhem.  I strategically placed myself into some of the other tourist photos.  I feel that it made their photos better and hopefully they will have a laugh when they see it.  Afterwards, I wondered into Trinity College and walked around the campus. Busy with tourist in their groups, I found quite solitude for a minute from the busy streets on Dublin.  That was short lived and I was off to have a pint and take in some local culture.  Went a had a few Guinness, listen to and Irish band and watched some Irish dancers with Kate, my classmate.  Then we went over to Kehoes, which was recommend as less touristy, by David on the plan and we had blast meeting some local people who offered to hangout again.


This picture was hanging outside one the classroom buildings at Trinity College.

No comments:

Post a Comment