Friday, May 23, 2014

Day 2 - Book of Kells and Panic

After spending roughly four hours walking the city in the morning I went over and saw the Book of Kells.  I had read a book a while ago on the monks who created the book and the painstaking process of making the book.  I really enjoyed seeing that piece of history, but the exhibit was missing something.  I think it was emphasis on the book, as it was displayed next to other books, to show other aspects of the artwork and binding.  But I still enjoyed seeing it and walking through the long hall upstairs.  

Somehow I lost my phone from the time I walked from the front desk of the Hotel to my room.  This is very unlike me and it consumed a lot of my attention for the afternoon. hoping it shows up in the morning so I can think about more pressing matters.  To make matters worse I was locked out of most of my emails because of this ordeal.  Now at 3 in the morning I was able to find a way in to my account.  Tomorrow is a new day! :-)   Touring Dublin with my classmates!


No comments:

Post a Comment