Thursday, May 29, 2014

Day 7: First day with the team

First day meeting Edna and working with the team was a success.  There was so much to gain from the experience that I am still processing what all I have learned.  As a team we worked perfectly together each one of us had a strength and we came together to become more productive and to feed off each of our ideas.  I am excited to see where we go from here.  The office is in place called Silicon docks, it is where all the big names in tech are located like Google's foreign office.  I want to go paddle boarding on the canal maybe on a free day, weather permitting.


Other things that I did today, it was a beautiful day!
Living in a world of technology we are constantly connected, the plus side not having a phone is that I am more focused on the world around me, while people are surfing the web on the bus and not looking up to have a conversation.  I feel I am seeing more of the faces of the Dublin and having more conversations.  The downside, I have no clue where I am going but hey its an adventure.  haha After work I went to the market in the grand canal docks (silicone docks) where I bought some wine and other food for the night, then we hoped on the bus back to campus.  After returning we set off to explored the outer perimeter of the University College Dublin's campus running along the path. Having day light that goes on till 10pm allows me to fit a lot into a day.  After a jaunt around campus, two of the teams got together for a little wine and dinner party in the dorm.  The people on this trip have all been extremely fun to hang out with and talk to, some more shy than others but all wanting to smile and have a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment